Saturday, April 5, 2008
Sunday, May 4, 2008
Bernal Heights Recreation Center
500 Moultrie Street
(behind the library)
A neighborhood celebration for families with young children, featuring:
- A great lineup of musicians and performers, including:
- Musician Jim - 10:00-10:30
- Familia Govea - 10:30 - 11:00
- Orange Sherbet - 11:15 - 12:15
- Jonathan Bayer - 12:30 - 1:15
- Francisco Herrera - 1:15 - 2:00
- 2 jumpy houses (for little ones and big kids)
- A quiet area for crawling, tumbling, and family yoga classes by Bernal Yoga and It's Yoga Kids and a demo from MyGym
- Creative activities, including arts projects, dress-up, and body adornment – with pro photographer Seth Affoumado to document the evidence
- A police car, fire truck, mni-excavator and "racecar" to climb around
- A balloon clown
- A virtual pet contest (bring photos!) with prizes in several categories
- Information tables from local causes and book vendors
- A raffle with great prizes from local businesses
- and, last but not least, catering by Top Dogs of Berkeley, featuring Kosher beef hot dogs, pork Bratwurst, chicken-apple sausage, and vegandogs!
This year, all cash proceeds will benefit the Bernal Heights Branch Library Improvement Project.
We're also collecting healthy snacks for BHNC's after-school programs for youth.
Recommended contribution $5 per family (but no families turned away for lack of funds) … and since we're donating profits to the library, larger donations are welcome
Jumpy rides $2 each, or unlimited jumps $5 per kid
Food will be around $3 per weenie, $1.50 for drinks or chips.
We will need hordes of volunteers the day of the event to set up the festival, keep things running smoothly, and clean up at the end. If you're interested in volunteering, please sign up at: firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have questions or suggestions, please email us there too.
Finally, we'd like to sincerely thank the many local businesses that signed up as early event sponsors/ volunteers; without their generosity, it wouldn't happen. Please join us in thanking and patronizing:
@Signs & Graphics
Architect Mason Kirby
Bernal Hill Realty
Beth Zonderman Design
Discount Club Liquors
The Good Life Grocery
It's Yoga Kids
James Maxwell@Coldwell Banker
Jessica Branson@Pacific Union
Leslie Bauer@Paragon Realty
Little Green Star
Mark Garrison Construction
Mark Lindsell Architecture
Nilda's Filipino Catering @Bernal Heights Produce
Red Hill Books
The Shagley Team
Tuesday, March 25, 2008
Sunday, May 4
Bernal Heights Recreation Center
We are busy coordinating this year's event, open to suggestions and donations, and looking for volunteers!
We were pleasantly surprised by the success of our first Children's Day last summer that included approximately 200 families and more than $700 raised for the Bernal Heights Neighborhood Center's youth programs. This year, we anticipate even greater attendance and plan to again have musical entertainment, arts & crafts, games tables, a couple of jumpy houses, and local Cortland Street merchant participation. New this year, we'll have food vendor Top Dog, a dress up corner, and a pet photo contest. We plan to have a number of vehicles for the kids to check out, e.g. fire truck, police cruiser, digger, forklift as well as the Bernal Dads "Race Car". Lastly, proceeds from the event will be donated to the Bernal Heights Library restoration via Friends of the San Francisco Public Library.
We hope that you will join us!