Welcome to the BHP Children's Day blog!
A group of neighborhood parents has been busy pulling together a great series of performers and volunteers for our celebration.
First, mark your calendars:
- Sunday, June 3
- 10 am until 2 pm
- at the Rec Center behind the library
Next, plan on bringing the following:
- $5 for the whole family. Profits are being donated to the Bernal Heights Neighborhood Center, to benefit their youth programs.
- $2 per jumpy ride
- a nonperishable food item for the SF Food Bank
- a potluck item, according to your last name. A-F brings salads, G-L brings mains, M-S brings sides, and T-Z brings desserts.
- nonalcoholic drinks, no glass containers
And finally, get ready to enjoy an amazing slate of performers and activities, including:
o Charity Kahn, JAMBand leader
o Orange Sherbet, local musicians
o Jonathan Bayer, local children's educator and musician
o Jim the Musician
o Back 40 blue grass band
o Face painting and tattoos sponsored by Heartfelt
o Toddler yoga class by Bernal Yoga
o Make-a-Garden table sponsored by Flowercraft
o Ellen Klages, local author
o A fire truck, police cruiser and child safety ID kits
o Jumpy houses (that's right, plural!)
and more TBA ...
If you can volunteer, please email bhpchildrensday(at)gmail(dot)com -- we definitely need assistance before, during, and after the event!
Many thanks to www.bethzonderman.com for the event poster design!